Publication Studio prints and binds books by hand, creating original work with artists and writers we admire. It serves as a space for publication in its fullest sense: it doesn’t simply produce books, but also brings people together through the shared experience of reading. Every book is made one at a time by hand as needed. You walk into our storefront and say you’d like a certain book, we make it, and then hand it to you in exchange for money (more like a bakery than a traditional bookstore). We attend to the social life of a book using any means possible to expand its circle of readers: physical books; a digital commons (where anyone can read and annotate our books for free); eBooks; and wild social events. This breathes life into the written word on paper, online, and through discussion.
PS Guelph is the newest storefront of several sibling studios around the world that work under the shared concept of Publication Studio. The PS family includes: PS Bordeaux, PS Boston, PS Guelph, PS Los Angeles, PS Malmö, PS Oakland, PS Portland (ME), PS Portland (OR), and PS Vancouver.
Publication Studio Guelph is a hub for gathering formally and informally. For red-hot details about book launches, re-binding evenings, paper marbling workshops, deep reading events, flip-book-making sessions, and bookbinding nights, visit our Facebook page or come chat with us in person during our shop hours every Saturday at 6 Dublin Street South, Guelph, ON from 12 – 2 PM.
Books published by PS Guelph:
- Sex of the Oppressed by Nikolay Oleynikov, Keti Chukhrov, Oxana Timofeeva, Grey Violet, Kirill Medvedev
- Roe by Candace de Taeye
- CONTRARIAN by Gabriel Parniak
- All Over The Map by Musagetes
- Model Minority by Gendai Gallery
- Improvising Freely: the ABCs of an Experience by Lê Quan Ninh
- The Omen by John Galt, ed. David J. Knight
- Sound Guelph by David J. Knight
- Pop Art Poem (with Advertising) by Jesse Harris
- Warehouse Zone by Zane Koss